Founder-Director, The Product-Life Institute Geneva
Walter R. Stahel has been founder-director of the Product-Life Institute (Switzerland), the oldest established consultancy in Europe devoted to developing sustainable strategies and policies, since 1983. From 1986 to 2014, he was also director of risk management research of the Geneva Association. In 1971, he graduated from ETH Zurich with an MA in architecture; he has been a full member of the Club of Rome since 2013.
Walter has been visiting professor at the Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences of the University of Surrey since 2005, and of l’Institut EDDEC de Université, HEC et Polytechnique de Montréal in 2016. He was awarded degrees of Doctor honoris causa by the University of Surrey (2013) and l’Université de Montréal (2016).
In 1982, with ‘The Product-Life Factor’, he won a Mitchell Prize in Houston, TX; In 1978, together with Peter Perutz, he won a first prize in the competition of the German Future’s Society, Berlin, with a paper on unemployment, occupation and profession.
His ‘corner’ books are ‘Jobs for Tomorrow, the Potential for substituting manpower for energy’ (1981) and ‘The Performance Economy’ (2010).
Managing Director, Eida s.a.
Paul KAUTEN has 13 years of professional experience in sustainable energy solutions, 26 years of experience in sustainable local development processes based on a large participation of citizens, 13 years of professional experience in teaching electro technical in a technical high school in Luxembourg.
His professional experience :
2013 – ongoing : Expert and Consultant in climate protection issues for 7 communities, Energipark Réiden s.a. / pacte climat Luxembourg
– Consulting 7 communities in Luxembourg (among other the capital Luxembourg-city) in the participation in the European Energy Award process
– Concept for energy plus houses – Thermal envelope in passive standard – Geothermal heat pump system – Solar electricity supply system combined with a battery system
2012 – ongoing : Expert for solar-, wind- and geothermal energy and energy efficiency in private and public sector, Energipark Réiden s.a. / Different municipalities (community)
– Working out a strategy for different Luxemburgish municipalities to push the development of renewable energies and in particular the rational use of energy
2007 – ongoing : Energy consulting for private households, Energipark Réiden s.a. / 10 communities
– Concept for an efficient communication and sensitization campaign – Providing the consulting service
2006 and 2014 : Expert in low energy office buildings, Energipark Réiden s.a. / SMEs
– Development of a concept for low consumption office buildings – Realization of a first building with an overall consumption below 40 kWh/m2a in 2006 – Realization of a second building in passive efficiency standard and geothermal heating and cooling system in 2014
2006 – ongoing : Expert green electricity, Eida s.a.
– Introducing a new green electricity supplier in the market in Luxembourg – Development of new energy services combined with the electricity supply – Exploiting wood heating systems to supply green heat to private buildings
Laurent Magi holds a PhD in Physical Chemistry from the University of Strasbourg. Specialised in environmental chemistry by working on ozone layer depletion issues at the French National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS), he joined the French Environment and Energy Management Agency (ADEME) in 1997 as an expert in air quality. He then became Head of Unit, analysing and financing numerous environmental projects in the fields of energy, waste and air pollution. In 2007, at Luxinnovation (Luxembourg National Agency for Innovation), he launched and managed the « eco-innovation » Cluster, gathering several companies active in environmental technologies. Since 2010, as Head of Energy Efficiency Services at Enovos Luxembourg, his team develops new energy services and products for municipalities, industries, private customers in Luxembourg, Belgium and France.
Laurent Magi is also Member of the Board of Agence de l’Energie S.A. and Learning Factory S.A.
Chargé de Direction Navigation Fluviale, Logistique et Taxis, Ministère du Développement Durable et des Infrastructures
Cluster Manager, Cluster for Logistics
Partner | CSR Leader, Deloitte
Tom is a partner at Deloitte Luxembourg and has over 16 years of experience in audit and advisory in the financial, commercial, industrial and public sectors. He is « Réviseur d’entreprises agréé » and « Expert comptable » and has been active over the last years in a number of IRE and CSSF committees. Tom developed and leads the performance audit, monitoring and evaluations initiative and services at Deloitte Luxembourg. He is fluent in Luxembourgish, English, French and German.